We are establishing a new, dedicated page for Site usage in SharePoint Online. This applies to both team sites and upcoming communication sites. Previously, a site owner would see site usage information at the top of the Site contents page. We have moved that analytics portion to a dedicated page. The Site contents page maintains focus on access and management of content (lists, libraries, pages, etc.). And to gain insights into how your site is being used via this new Site usage page.
It’s easy to get to the new Site usage page. When you are visiting a team or communication site, click the gear button in the upper-right portion of the site, and select Site contents. Once on the Site contents page, click the Site usage button in the top-right action bar.
The new Site usage page is broken down into five insightful sections:
- Site visits – easily view the number of visits to your site within a rolling 7-day period.
- New items – see front-and-center the number of items that have been added within the last 7 days. This information previously lived behind the click to the ‘trending content’ report.
- Tips – get guidance on how to increase the reach and effectiveness of your site.
- Trending files – view the list of most popular content on your site – over a rolling 2-week period. This used to be a limited card view only able to show four items.
- Shared externally – see what’s accessible to authenticated external users outside of your organization to give you confidence that sharing is done properly.
Note: Everyone on the site can see the new Site Usage page, not just site owners; and content on Site Usage is security trimmed to the person who is logged in.
To reference the previous combined experience, please reference the graphic below where site usage information sat on the top of the Site contents page with limited real estate:
Learn more about viewing usage data for your SharePoint Online site.
Source : techcommunity.microsoft.com
office.com/setup : Blogs